Mike's Chrysler 3.3 Conversion

This forum is to ask and questions or concerns in converting your Le'Sharo over to Dodge.

Re: Mike's Chrysler 3.3 Conversion

Unread postby Wanderer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:32 am

mike_rohwedder wrote:
012.JPG

While going out to a camp ground, a passing gravel truck threw two rocks.... OUCH
One of the two cracks in windshield... replaced by Coach Glass Portland Oregon, installed by Quality Auto Fargo ND

Hey Mike, what did the windshield cost to replace?
Lou
Life is hard by the yard; but by the inch it’s a cinch.
1990 Winnebago LeSharo "Wanderer"
Chrysler 3.3L Extended roof
Delray Beach Fl
Wanderer

Unread postby mike_rohwedder » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:19 am

I checked with Mobility and they quoted $791.00 delivered to Fargo. Quality Auto body found the folks in Oregon. Total bill was $855.00 delivered and installed.
mike_rohwedder

Unread postby Trafic » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:34 am

mike_rohwedder wrote:I checked with Mobility and they quoted $791.00 delivered to Fargo. Quality Auto body found the folks in Oregon. Total bill was $855.00 delivered and installed.

Ouch!
Lou
Winnebago LeSharo Wanderer
Delray Beach Fl, USA
Trafic

Unread postby mike_rohwedder » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:23 am

Yep, would not want to do this too many times .... so hopefully this is my last windshield purchase. Insurance covered all but $250.00. The glass installer said the windshield had been replaced before so the original owner must have suffered the same fate.
mike_rohwedder

Winter Escape

Unread postby mike_rohwedder » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

I am not the only one suffering this winter... crazy winter storms and cold everywhere! Thawed out enough to finish a pre-trip for another cruise to Rochester, Minnesota on Monday. Washer fluid is still froze and replaced the wipers, otherwise, load up this weekend. Maybe by the 20th Texas will be warmed up, when we head further south, and hopefully no snow storms across the midwest. No problems with the 3.3 this past year, so the maintenace budget is looking good.

Can't seem to be able see or post pictures so if I find something along the way to share I'll add it to Photobucket or the Conversion site.
mike_rohwedder

Winter Traveling

Unread postby mike_rohwedder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Completed the one month 1900 mile excursion to Dallas, TX via Rochester, MN. Left in snow and returned in snow. The LeSharo handled the snow and icy conditions quite well.

After leaving Rochester in the cold and light snow, the route warmed up considerably by the time we got to Kansas City. Then it was a easy dry and sunny drive to Dallas. Had some strong headwinds at times. Gas mileage was 13.9,16,14.5,16.8 and 16.9. I thought that was acceptable. Prices for Gas ran $3.09 to $3.45.

It was great to escape the brutal winter and cold of the northern plains by condo camping in Dallas. Also was nice to spend alot of time with our 8 month old grand daughter.

Returning north, of course the wind had to turn around meaning headwinds most of the way back too. Gas mileage: 13.2,18.6,15.5 and 14.7. Gas prices stayed at around $3.53. Just north of Dallas the rain started and stayed with me until Des Moines, IA and then turned to snow. Leaving Des Moines the next day, the IA DOT had I35 cleaned up pretty good. After another pit stop in Rochester, the rest of the ride to Fargo was cold and dry.

The 3.3 ran good. No problems at all. Speeding along at and avg of 65 the engine was smooth and quiet. The longer hills would drop the speed to 58 or so and dropping a gear. All in all a good trip. Now have to get to the car wash and get rid of the road grime (aka: salt/ etc) and start thinking spring might come around in the next month or three.
mike_rohwedder

Propane Valve replaced

Unread postby mike_rohwedder » Mon May 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Finally got around to remove that electric valve for the propane system. Had enough slack and play in the propane line that one new coupler was all that was needed. Also removed the old CO detector, replaced with updated battery operated model.

003.JPG
mike_rohwedder

Autumnwoods RV Park

Unread postby mike_rohwedder » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 am

On our last visit to Rochester MN, tried out Autumnwoods RV Park. Nice park and has enough bells and whistles to make for a nice stay. Shuttle service is available to the Mayo Clinic.

Autumnwoods 003.JPG
mike_rohwedder

Camping

Unread postby mike_rohwedder » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Went to Red Willow Lake in Central ND. But, found a nice little city park that had full hookups for $10.00 per night, a short drive from the lake.
Binford, ND 001.JPG

It is great to find a nice bargain every once in a while. Weather was good, it cooled off at night so much we had to break out the pants for morning coffee.
mike_rohwedder

Additional AC vent in cab area

Unread postby mike_rohwedder » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:00 pm

LeSharo friend said, in order to improve AC in the cab area to add a new vent to bring the AC straight down to the passenger. During the recent heat wave, it actually did improve the comfort zone.
002.JPG
mike_rohwedder

PreviousNext