recently purchased a 1985 LeSharo

This forum is for anything related to the Le'Sharo coach itself. Anything Winnebago Coach area: wiring, house battery, Roof, plumbing, appliances, problems and/or other ideas or suggestions. Anything that doesn't deal with the engine or transmission.

recently purchased a 1985 LeSharo

Unread postby nightdog » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:14 am

I'm just retired and I purchased an 85 LeShare, Phasar 20' RV with a 2.2 Diesel engine 4 speed. I'm just trying to get to know my rid, any help will be greatly appreciated all are welcome. It needs a new alternator and a hose fitting fall apart on the cab's heater core. I am going to try to use a gm cs144 alternator and altar it to fit. I have no idea about the hose fitting on the heater core?
Also, new to diesel engines, looking for information, thank you. nightdog.
nightdog

Re: recently purchased a 1985 LeSharo

Unread postby RobinH » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Welcome Nightdog, to the wonderful world of the LeSharo! There's a treasure trove of information in the Files section of the Yahoo LeSharo-Owners Group available after you Join the Group at:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Lesharo-owners/info.

You should immediately download the 83-86 Service Manual and skim it to become familiar with the LeSharo, particularly the maintenance sections. The file titled "Sources of Parts ..." has a section on retrofitting a GM alternator to the LeSharo.

There are many Checklists, Newsletters and DIYs to help with your projects. These, along with the Posts of many seasoned LeSharo experts will help keep your LeSharo on the road!

Don't forget to look on the LeSharo Facebook and other sites as well.

All the best with your new to you LeSharo!

Robin '84 TD
RobinH