NT-20SE Furnace Removal / Adjustments ?

This forum is for anything related to the Le'Sharo coach itself. Anything Winnebago Coach area: wiring, house battery, Roof, plumbing, appliances, problems and/or other ideas or suggestions. Anything that doesn't deal with the engine or transmission.

NT-20SE Furnace Removal / Adjustments ?

Unread postby Phasar » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:49 pm

87 Lesharo that has a Suburban NT-20SE Furnace. How do you remove the furnace safely?

Need to replace the motor-aid lines due to corrosion and leaks, and they enter into the coach right under the furnace! Have temporarily bypassed the motor-aide lines fore of the metal lines up front under the cab so can drive the RV.

I could re-route the lines aft of the furnace but doesn't look too difficult to just remove the furnace. Want to be sure on how to safely purge the gas line. ? And how to properly remove and re-install the outside intake / exhaust end cap. ? Do they just slide off when unscrewed?

The gas line appears to be rigid copper that connects to the front right side. Figure could just operate the furnace then shut off the propane tank valve and wait for the furnace to burn off what's left in the line. Is this ok? proper procedure to accomplish this?

A side note:
This furnace works well, however the flame burns orange now when running. I believe it used to burn more blue. Is there an adjustment to correct this? Pulled the front grill off and not seeing any LP fuel air mix/ratio screws.

Also considering replacing the gas line from the propane tank to the furnace and 2 burner cook top with new while working on all of this.

I did search the forum however surprisingly couldn't find any info in this regard. Nor did I find the furnace service manual here.

Thanks
Phasar

Re: NT-20SE Furnace Removal / Adjustments ?

Unread postby hasben » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:38 pm

The hardest part of removing the furnace is loosening the 3/8" flare nut on the gas line. No need to remove the exterior intake/exhaust cap. After gas and electrical lines are disconnected and mounting screws are removed, the whole unit slides right out. The intake/exhaust is a telescopic tube that easily separates, check for obstructions and use care when reassembling. As for purging the gas line, with LP tank valve closed, turn on a burner on the stove to release any remaining pressure.
hasben

Unread postby hasben » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 pm

More Imfo, I assumed you have removed the floor from the closet for access. If you haven't, you should be able to grasp it by the carpet and lift it right out.
hasben

Unread postby Phasar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:05 am

Thanks for the advice..

Removing the furnace was very easy. While the burner was fired up I cut off the propane source at the tank. The burner went out almost immediately. Turned off at the thermostat, waited for the fan to quit a few minutes later. Then opened the stove burners, put a flame to both, wouldn't ignite so figured was safely purged. Gas line came off the furnace very easily. A bit of propane smell for a short time when removed, left cabin door open and ran overhead fan to vent any residuals.

Furnace ran fine, just now more of an orange flame instead of blue. Downloaded the service manual, will attempt to clean the burner chamber by blowing it out etc.. per the manual. hopefully that's all it needs.
Phasar

Unread postby Phasar » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:10 pm

http://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/suburban-furnace-model-nt-20se-tune-up-kit

I didn't need the kit, just a gasket. Posted the link for others if needed.

A local RV dealer had a burner door gasket for 8 bucks, it broke when removed the burner assembly for cleaning. Can get on amazon for 6 bucks, I didn't want to wait for delivery.

Blew out all the dust and soot out of the burn chamber, wire brushed the burner holes.. and cleaned up the electrode. Won't know if that's all it needed, but was definitely in need a of a good cleaning. The service manual states this should be done annually.
Phasar

Unread postby doberso » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:13 pm

Good evening! Please help me choose a laminate floor. I need to decide among Balterio, Quick step and HDM. We are thinking about putting the laminate in the corridor and in the kitchen as well. Today we were said that the balterio and quick step are perfect for the kitchen and the hallway... Idk what to do. Btw, we also want to buy this mop https://cleanhomeguide.com/best-mop-for-laminate-floors/, who has it, how does it work?
doberso

Unread postby johnadam55 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:06 am

Wonder why people search for carpet cleaning machine for pets urine? Dirt, stains and other messes are an unending part of our lives, especially if we have pets. When you find an unsightly stain on your lovely new carpet, couch or car upholstery you want to clean it up without leaving the stain. 

And that very moment you look for the best carpet cleaning alternates. With a multitude of carpet cleaners, finding the best is easier said than done. Can someone please tell me which pet carpet cleaner should i buy? I am a bit confused about it now.
johnadam55

Unread postby johnadam55 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:07 am

Roof cleaning is not an easy job. I have been doing this for my own house for a long time instead of hiring professional cleaning service.

I have tested different roof cleaning solutions over time and finally found wet and forget roof cleaning products are the best roof cleaner for moss mold mildew and others. 

Can anyone tell me is they any good solutions in market right now better than this product?
johnadam55