Baked Generator

This forum is for anything related to the Le'Sharo coach itself. Anything Winnebago Coach area: wiring, house battery, Roof, plumbing, appliances, problems and/or other ideas or suggestions. Anything that doesn't deal with the engine or transmission.

Baked Generator

Unread postby jrwox » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:12 pm

I recently purchased a '91 Lesharo that was missing the generator. I found the original owner and contacted him to see if he still had it. He got back to me a couple of days ago and said he did have it. He had removed it to do upgrades(?) but while it was out there was a garage fire and it got a little hot. He set it out for me and I went to pick it up thinking I could do some minor repairs and put it back in the lesharo in the spring once I get it out of storage. Well, it was a little more "baked" than I had hoped. Image
I haven't gotten it apart but I'm hoping the generator is still serviceable. I'm thinking it is a tecumseh motor but, obviously, I need to replace it. What motor/carb type do need so I can have a modern style motor? Thanks!
jrwox

Re: Baked Generator

Unread postby Rick H » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:41 pm

The Yahoo group Lesharo-owners has in their files a complete copy of the original manual.
That may help you to determine if the generator is salvageable.
Hope this helps,
Rick
Rick and Cathy from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
88 LeSharo 2.2L gas auto

We drive in 'NANAZBUS'.
Our grandchildren love it.
Rick H

Re: Baked Generator

Unread postby jrwox » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:36 am

Thanks. I'll take a look. I have a folder with all the service manuals that came with the rv when new and it is a tecumseh motor. I also have a small motor in my garage attic that might fit so I can try it out once I remove the old motor to see if the generator still works. Crossing my fingers!
jrwox