The Le'Carryo

This forum is to tell everyone about yourself. How you came to own your Le'Sharo.

The Le'Carryo

Unread postby JBird » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Hey folks here are some photos of the carrier I fabbed up for our 88 LS

The tubular chassis was basically exposed below the plastic bumper, which I had originally planed on taking off and moving back behind the carrier. It measures something like 2x2.5 inches inside of the chassis. I had some 2 inch aluminum angle that I had picked up somewhere, and when you take two pieces of angle and form a box it's more of a rectangle....exactly what I needed! So I whipped up the two supports that go into the frame, not quite four feet long, and then a little piece to tie them together, added an old tool box I kept from a long gone pickup and voila - the le'carryo was born.
I was going to pay to have all this aluminum tig welded together, but then I thought hell why would I do that when the rest of the materials were free so I just bolted it together to add a little rigidity. the best part about using the aluminum, besides the weight, is that I feel like if someone hit me this whole thing would shear or crumple without major damage to the coach chassis. Enjoy!

I did add some reflectors and an old cb antenna I had (for backing up) as well as moving the license plate onto the box and wiring a light for that after these photos were taken.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
JBird

Re: The Le'Carryo

Unread postby JBird » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:39 pm

one more pic I didn't get up the first go-round
Attachments
image.jpg
JBird

Unread postby Rick H » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:52 am

Nice work!
Rick and Cathy from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
88 LeSharo 2.2L gas auto

We drive in 'NANAZBUS'.
Our grandchildren love it.
Rick H

Unread postby JBird » Sat May 16, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm proud of this rig.
JBird

Unread postby Tonygood8700 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Nice addition. Was just under mine yesterday looking at those holes and figuring out how I was going to do exactly what you just did. Was going to weld on a tow hitch and hang a luggage tray, but who was I kidding !? My le sharo original renault 2.2 is not towing anything. The double support makes more sense. While I was down there realized plenty of space to mount my spare under the carriage and free up all that space in the spare stow. So that's what I did today instead . Will post some pics if anyone is interested.
Tonygood8700

Unread postby Rick H » Fri May 22, 2015 7:00 pm

Tony,
Do you have the generator fuel tank on yours?
I've been thinking of doing something like that.
Post pics please.
Thanks,
Rick
Rick and Cathy from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
88 LeSharo 2.2L gas auto

We drive in 'NANAZBUS'.
Our grandchildren love it.
Rick H

Unread postby Tonygood8700 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Nope , no generator or tank. I guess that's why I have the space? All gone when I got her. Cleared out old gen cover ,and hot water tank under bench seat and now I stow my portable Honda gen there now. Haven't used it yet gotta work on exhausting the gen outboard and insulating for fumes and noise carefully. For now I can just grab the honda by the handle and set it outside if needed. I'll get some pics up soon as I can.
Tonygood8700

Return to Introduce yourself and/or Le'Sharo stories