New Custom Dash

This forum is for any other conversions not covered in the previous forums.

New Custom Dash

Unread postby RV4BT » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:52 pm

I decided to do a winter project of rebuilding my dash with a new heater AC system. The old system was weak at best because I could not use all the original Lesharo components. We got by with a basic system until this system which has heat and AC with floor, dash, and windshield outlets and simple controls.

This all started with a cardboard rough out.

I figured out the rough dimensions and then I built the dash from plywood.

This followed by cutting out the openings for the controls.

I fitted it all together, added an upper dash storage area, and made minor adjustments before covering the wood with vinyl.

The vinyl is glued to the wood. I even added padding along the edges on the top dash.

The final dash looks alot larger than before and allowed me to mount cup holders on the dash face itself. The cup holders and switch controls came from Amazon. The cup holders are the kind that typically slide between car seats and mounted flat against the vinyl dash.

I still need to add a dash cover. I also recovered the driver side door panel, covered my seats with seat covers, and added some tactical seat covers to go with the military theme of our RV.

I am waiting for the weather to get warmer. We are ready for our next adventure.
Lesharo 4BTRV
Cummins Powered Bliss
RV4BT

Re: New Custom Dash

Unread postby theboar17 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:12 am

That's an impressive interior you got there.
Current truck project: fender flare removal and ready lift installation. Waiting for my customized bumper to arrive.
theboar17