Full Vinyl Flooring Install

This forum is for any other conversions not covered in the previous forums.

Full Vinyl Flooring Install

Unread postby RV4BT » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:34 pm

We decided to replace all our carpet interior with a durable quality vinyl flooring to ease cleanup and change the appearance. I wanted to get this finished during summer before the late summer and early fall camping.

Shopping around I found a nice textured vinyl typically used in garage flooring at Home Depot.

The interior of a 30 year old LeSharo has a mixture of glorious smell from previous ownership. Food spills, pet marking, and unknown critters left their signs everywhere under the secrets below our carpet. Pulling it all out I worked on the front first and layed down a double barrier of dense foam to reduce noise from the engine area:

I continued this effort and then stripped and worked the middle seating area. There were wood strips here to attach the foam padding. I choose to not glue this part to simplify installation and smell.

I did not take a good picture of the middle foam before knocking out the entry way and shower cover. The entry way has 1/4" plywood which was in good shape. I glued down the entry way foam and vinyl for durability.

I then set to stripping the back area and placing foam over it before the vinyl. I did not glue this but planned to use border strips to secure the edges.

The finished back area looks awesome. Easy on the feet, easy to clean, maybe even modern compared to carpet.

The middle area with our floor table support is really nice.

The full view from the rear to the front shows the transition pieces I used between areas and full vinyl from front to rear.

Dining area looks great with the mocha vinyl.

Even the bedroom area looks more inviting, well, maybe I am just tired after all that work.

The RV seems quieter in the front as the two layers of dense foam and vinyl seems to block noise. We look forward to easier cleaning and the mocha flooring matches the military them of our Lesharo.
Happy RV trails to everyone. Let's keep these wonderful vehicles going!

Contact me if you have any question. Ken & Lynda
Lesharo 4BTRV
Cummins Powered Bliss
RV4BT

Re: Full Vinyl Flooring Install

Unread postby Phasertherv » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:32 am

Very Nice job Ken !
We live in an area with lots of sand and this would be a very good solution to get the sand out!
Phasertherv