Coach floor plan

This forum is for anything related to the Le'Sharo coach itself. Anything Winnebago Coach area: wiring, house battery, Roof, plumbing, appliances, problems and/or other ideas or suggestions. Anything that doesn't deal with the engine or transmission.

Coach floor plan

Unread postby Lalair » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:26 am

86' 2.2 gas, 3 spd auto.
OK. I am still new to Lesharo, the floor plan I came across is the one with the toilet in the rear.
I am am comming to realization that his floor plan is special and not normal. Does anyone have any extra info on this floor plan? Was this an upgrade option? What was the advantage of these floor plan?
Lalair

Re: Coach floor plan

Unread postby Wanderer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 am

86' 2.2 gas, 3 spd auto.
OK. I am still new to Lesharo, the floor plan I came across is the one with the toilet in the rear.
I am am comming to realization that his floor plan is special and not normal. Does anyone have any extra info on this floor plan? Was this an upgrade option? What was the advantage of these floor plan?

That is a 1986 220RC or "captains layout" this was a common layout used in vans for two people, it maximizes storage space. The RC has a fixed bathroom and a galley, it was offered in 1986 the price was the same as the RD or nomal layout. It did not sell well as the RD is hard to beat for versatillity and comfort and the RC was discontinued. In the RD the rear bed is larger, you have a 4 person dining booth with a large window for better vistas and the bathroom stows out of the way. The kitchen in the RD is more comfortable to use because it is designed for the user to stand at the lowest point of the floor (the entry area) this provides more headroom. All these feature allow for maximum use of space in such a small unit so the RD was more popular. A similar layout to the RC was offered in the Rialta in later years.

Click on the picture and save it so you can view it full size.

Here is the brochure for the 1986 model year:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/1986/pdfs/winnebago/86-LeSharo-bro.pdf

Similar layout in the later year Rialta FD and QD models, notice they kept the expandable bathroom and offered either two permanent beds or one larger bed. The options included cabinets that were located above the bed areas.

Enjoy! Lou
Lou
Life is hard by the yard; but by the inch it’s a cinch.
1990 Winnebago LeSharo "Wanderer"
Chrysler 3.3L Extended roof
Delray Beach Fl
Wanderer

Unread postby Wanderer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:00 am

Would you please add more pictures of your LeSharo Including the bathroom.
Lou
Life is hard by the yard; but by the inch it’s a cinch.
1990 Winnebago LeSharo "Wanderer"
Chrysler 3.3L Extended roof
Delray Beach Fl
Wanderer

Unread postby Terry » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 am

In the end, it's your choice. If you have kids or will ever have third staying in the rig, get the 4 person. I prefer the two person units myself and a full-time bed. But we all travel differently.

The rear bath allows you to have a full bed and an easier to use kitchen. This two-person unit has been modified some.

1984 Lesharo, 3.8 Chrysler, Plano, Texas, USA
Terry
Site Admin

Articles: 7

Unread postby ivancou » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Terry , is that your coach with the rear bed ? I have the same model , been thinking about doing something along this line . I need to tear the back wall out to fix the place where the hitch is supposed to bolt onto it ,it is gone . Ivan
ivancou

Unread postby Larry Schoppe Sr. » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 am

I have installed a ceiling in a 1987 model of this design and have camped in one. They are great for 2 people, maybe three. (2 foreward, one on rh side aft of coach door) The only convience missiong that is on the normal 4 sleeper is a shower, there are none on the 3 sleeper.
I have interior parts for the earlier (1986) versions of this coach-- large right side window, small rear window,side windows etc. If you are restoring one of these or customizing a 4 sleeper, contact me for parts.
Larry S. 937 878-2000.
Larry Schoppe Sr.
Sitting Bull