Rear Brake job and shocks

This forum is to post any questions or problems relating to the ORIGINAL Renault Le'Sharo such as Mechanical, Electrical, gas 2.2 Engine, Transmission, Drive-Train, Brakes, etc.

Rear Brake job and shocks

Unread postby JBird » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:56 am

Hey all. Have been lurking here a while and using some of the great information compiled here to get my 1988 up to speed.

Had a leaking wheel cylinder so decided to do a complete rear brake job and wanted to share this info on parts. Rock Auto (rockauto.com) had the three different centric wheel cylinders used on the Lesharo's, I just searched the part number 134.11602 and got both for 19.31 each. As far as the shoes i clicked a little flag at the top bar for the catalog which shows vehicles produced in foreign markets, found the Renault traffic, and came up with Ferodo FSB361 - only 36.79 for both sides! Sorry Mobility. I did pay a hefty price for shipping which brought it closer to the $90 that Napa quoted. Also decided to do the shocks while I was at it and got the Monroe 555020s for 47.79 each. They did not come up on a part number search so I had to use a Ford e350 van as a vehicle to find them.

Thought I'd share this info for what its worth...
JBird

Re: Rear Brake job and shocks

Unread postby Rick H » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Good information.
Thanks,
Rick
Rick and Cathy from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
88 LeSharo 2.2L gas auto

We drive in 'NANAZBUS'.
Our grandchildren love it.
Rick H