wiring problims

Lesharo-Owners Groups email list

Re: wiring problims

Unread postby dudedog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Hey John in Tucson. I am traveling to Tucson for the Gem show. Do you have any parts for sale or know of any yards. I recently bought a 89 Bosch with 30 k and it needs some parts like windows. I figured at 30 k it was a steel but I just met a LS owner w 24 k and said all her seals are a problem from sitting. Ma b a mistake at any price. Willing to sell one for a fair price. Have two. 88 and 89. The 89 has been sitting for over 10 years. I have not tried to start it due to a tank of old gas I need to figure how to get rid of. Located in Utah.

--- lesharo-owners 1453921202.M109299P908Q4
dudedog

Unread postby Roberta Radavich » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Fred, I get a lot of information from
http://www.overnightrvparking.com/
They keep their site pretty up to date on free rv parking. Your
subscription cost from them is probably less than the cost of even one
ticket.
Roberta

On 1/27/2016 10:41 AM, Fred Brann derfnarb@yahoo.com [Lesharo-owners]
wrote:

--- lesharo-owners 1453957202.M015549P2124Q1
Roberta Radavich

Unread postby dudedog » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:23 pm

The real problem is I am in California. Both SanDiego and LA have the 3rd and 4th highest homeless pop. They want to discourage anyone without gobs of money to spend from being here. A RV park here costs more than most motels. You will be run out of all Walmarts.They now have laws everywhere calling cohabitation in a vehicle illegal. What stinks is there were a line of vehicle's all around me. I was the only one ticketed because of my out of state license.Twice.

--- lesharo-owners 1454025603.M562375P3500Q1
dudedog

Unread postby Roberta Radavich » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:00 pm

my sympathies.... I understand now... California is Not friendly to
RV's. State parks there charge something just around 38/night.... We
just were at El Chorro last month, and that adds up pretty fast.
Roberta

On 1/28/2016 3:23 PM, Fred Brann derfnarb@yahoo.com [Lesharo-owners]
wrote:

--- lesharo-owners 1454029202.M765500P568Q1
Roberta Radavich

Unread postby RUSS58 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:54 am

Don't matter if you have the right size rv ..they Will fine you no matter what ??

--- lesharo-owners 1454083202.M015500P1340Q1
RUSS58

Unread postby Roberta Radavich » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Some cities have laws against sleeping in your vehicle, no matter What
vehicle, unless you're checked into a paid RV park and that's where
they get you with fines.

On 1/29/2016 7:54 AM, borrallo5858 borrallo5858@yahoo.com

--- lesharo-owners 1454090401.M562375P3112Q1
Roberta Radavich

Unread postby David Martin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:27 pm

Of course, if the law is not against overnight parking, which it usually is, then it would be VERY hard for the police to prove you were, in fact sleeping, rather than doing anything else. Especially if you remain fully clothed and keep a small light on. That would involve having to go to court to fight the ticket, though. But anti-overnight parking regulations are hard to fight, unless you set an alarm and move the vehicle in middle of every night. Or sleep in the daytime. Cohabitation restrictions specifically on RVs is probably discriminatory if there isn't a similar law against cohabittion in homes. Also, if the couple has been together long enough to qualify as a common-law marriage, then anti-cohabitation laws probably would not apply, as those generally involve unmarried couples living together. It all depends on how the law is worded, AND whether you are willing to go to court and fight it. In some municipalities that have laws against overnight parking at Walmarts, etc. there are often similar locations just outside city limits without those restrictions. I stayed at a Walmart just outside of Charleston, S.C. despite Charleston having that restriction. Also on federally designated interstate highways the rest areas generally have a length of time limit but for that length of time RV parking (and whatever) is legal. As the state police who patrol don't want drivers of ANY vehicles falling asleep while driving they generally only hassle longer-term visitors, or those who try to 'set up camp'. Stay self-contained within the rig (no grills, lawn chairs, awnings, patio rugs, etc.) and you should be fine overnight.

--- lesharo-owners 1454126402.M562375P1100Q1
David Martin

Actions to reduce wiring problems: One Opinion

Unread postby Desertfirst123 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm

In working my Spring Checklist and doing some research on the internet, I came across a product that is specifically aimed at eliminating electrical problems like we experience. The product is called
DeoxIT.

There may be other similar products that do the same thing. It is a contact cleaner to be used to eliminate grime, grease, and corrosion on electrical contacts. Available at Amazon and probably at your local auto parts store. Priced at well under $20 it could save all of us time and money as we deal with electrical gremlins in our 25 year old coaches. Here is some wisdom from an experienced RV mechanic, smarter than me.

Wisdom from the RV Doctor: It has been written and proved many times over that the physical and chemical changes in the surface condition of electrical or electronic connectors are the primary causes of degraded performance of components and equipment. Add dust, soot, smoke and other gunk that hangs in our atmosphere and strange discolored films will form on the contact surfaces impeding the flow of electrons. Oftentimes the result is erratic operation of appliances, less than pristine battery charging, blown fuses, sticking relay contacts, poor electrical grounding and bonding, etc., amid other intermittent ills often blamed on the battery or other components. The fact is, many of the ills associated with erratic LP appliance operation and battery charging and discharging, just to name two areas are directly attributable to contaminated contacts on the printed circuit boards or at the multi-plug connections. I would wager that the majority of electrical symptoms are a direct result of corroded and oxidized contact points at wire terminations. And most are avoidable.

Pass on to members any experiences with this type of product.
John in Tucson

--- lesharo-owners 1454288403.M140500P604Q1
Desertfirst123

Previous