wiring problims

Lesharo-Owners Groups email list

wiring problims

Unread postby shoulderbreaker2002 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Hello every one this is Alvin with my new old lesharo. i have a 1988 with a few wiring problems. hope someone can point me in the right direction.several problems. hope to find out how big or small they are.
#1 when i put the blinker on the light on the dash blinks in boat directions?
#2 with right or left blinker on when i step on the brake the blinker well blink twice as fast ether side? all the lights work.
#3 the back top clearance light work fine but the front will not?
Can anyone help? Thanks Alvin the Chip Monk LOL

--- lesharo-owners 1453320001.M269667P2092Q1
shoulderbreaker2002

Re: wiring problims

Unread postby bruce czika » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:15 pm

I had that glitch and more, my radio even danced with my turn signal and more. My cure was to replace both turn signal front sockets. Ans clean all grounds and connections associated. But just replacing the sockets dig the job.I also had a buzzing sound when the headlights were on, it cured that gremblin as well,

--- lesharo-owners 1453320001.M347792P2092Q2
bruce czika

Unread postby Darrell » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Welcome to the group Alvin. I think I can help with some of your questions. Nothing wrong with the directional lights. They both flash when engaged in either direction, this is normal. The clearance lights probably need new bulbs or they are not properly grounded. I had a few that needed to be properly grounded. The screws had rusted and not making proper contact. I just replaced the originals with a small self tapping screw in it's place. Can't help with brake thing, I am sure someone else will help with that.

Darrell
87 Phasar 2.2 gas auto
St. Pete, Fl

--- lesharo-owners 1453320001.M410292P2092Q3
Darrell

Re: wiring problems

Unread postby scott.edwards » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi Alvin,

Hope you enjoy your new old LeSharo...... they are a great rv to own if you are ok with it's size.

First off...... Please go to the files section of this site..... work your way down...... read everything...... you will be totally enlightened! Please advise if your transmission is auto or std in your signature, as well as the year, which you did. Mine does not say auto transmission in my signature, because it only came that way.

This is more a repair site than a social site...... so please don't be disillusioned over all the talk about things gone wrong or not working.

That said,

#1 this is the way they are...... one bulb..... weird, but not so unusual for something of that era.
#2 This is common problem...... mine still does it...... the remedy is to rewire the rear lights as per Rick's great write-up in the files section....... Winnebago placed a trailer light converter to change from the Renault rear lighting to the Winnebago lighting that was North American standard at the time. These adaptors draw too much power at idle, along with the brakes being pressed, cause them to flash faster, like a bulb is out. Maybe someone else has a secondary remedy to help you out with this issue...but the best one if to eliminate the adaptor completely.

#3 This will most likely be a wiring issue.... as in the wiring is corroded. You should retrace the wires and look at all the sockets up front to make sure they are not corroded. At the same time, check the front marker lights on the fender side and front bumper.... as the ones in the bumper corrode, leaving you with weird electrical gremlins.

If you have not done so...... please change out all fluids..... as most of the time these are neglected, leading to expensive repairs. Make sure you change the final drive oil, and prime the pump so as to make sure the oil has all been changed...... or, change it twice after driving is a little. The transmission has 2 oil types, the ATF for the transmission, and the gear oil in the final drive. Read up on changing the final drive oil BEFORE you do it..... or you will become frustrated.... possibly.

Cheers, Scott
91 LeSharo

--- lesharo-owners 1453320001.M441542P2092Q4
scott.edwards

Unread postby scott.edwards » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:38 pm

One more thing, your rear lights will be a lot brighter if you eliminate the trailer adaptor.... found behind the instrument cluster. Be careful when removing the instrument cluster, you don't want to break the speedo cable! NLA

--- lesharo-owners 1453320001.M472792P2092Q5
scott.edwards

Unread postby Desertfirst123 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:40 am

Alvin, welcome to the group. One way to get up to speed quickly, Go to the FILES section and scroll down to the Newsletter folder, then read the past issues, there may be articles that discuss situations you may get in. If you don't have one, search in the Manuals folder and download the owners manual, that is a good introduction to these buggies, welcome, John in Tucson
89 Lesharo LX
2.2' gas Bosch

--- lesharo-owners 1453356001.M332167P3684Q1
Desertfirst123

Unread postby scott.edwards » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Bruce,

Are you saying that a bad ground is the culprit for fast signal flashing upon braking? If yes, I'll have to look at my bumper sockets and check that out. This has been annoying for all the years I have owned my RV....... Guess I have not been listening eh!

Cheers, Scott

--- lesharo-owners 1453395602.M315625P3928Q3
scott.edwards

Unread postby bruce czika » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Grounds are the culprit for lotts of my gremlins. Corrosion. Lotts of weird stuff. Dont know bout the fast flashing though. I was going to replace the trailer modual, but, the dude from mobility, Greg i think it was, said he would be glad to sell me one but told me about the front sockets. And allot of stuff goes through the flasher switch. i replaced it and got rid of the radio flashing thing as well as the trailer module buzzing, wich was in conjunction with the sockets. . Some things seem un-related but are. Changing out the front turn signal sockets, it was weird, got rid of quit a few. I also cleaned and electric gooed most of the lights. Im going to work on the marker lights next.
Lotts of head scratching, frustrations and trial&error on my 88 LS. I do Love my S-works conversion. O-and that has its own set of electric mis-match of quirks. FUN!

--- lesharo-owners 1453399201.M581250P1656Q1
bruce czika

Unread postby Lesharo-owners » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:30 pm

Alvin,
#1 Both arrows will always flash together....the light says that yoou have the turn signals on but not which one.
#2Check file, could be a lot of things
#3Since these vehicles are different by year and fuel type, gotta have, as Scott said--the year, make and fuel system type (diesel, Bosch FIS , Bendix FIS)

Larry Sr
lsrschoppe@aol.com

--- lesharo-owners 1453399201.M800000P1656Q3
Lesharo-owners

Unread postby scott.edwards » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Thanks Bruce,

I printed your earlier comments, will check my front sockets and grounds to see if this fixes that issue. My alternator light glows and flickers occasionally, I wonder if this is from the same thing.

Cheers, Scott
91 LeSharo

--- lesharo-owners 1453399201.M925000P1656Q4
scott.edwards

Next