headlights 88 lesharo gas

Lesharo-Owners Groups email list

headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby lesharo88 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 pm

I need new headlights for my 88 lesharo gas automatic. Also need to paint the inside of the headlight well. Anyone know where I can get them without breaking the bank.

Also need a set of spark plug wires for same unit. Where do you all get the oil filters and air filters. Just about done. Just finished replacing theoutside windows with new seals. Ready now to put in the vinyl flooring. Decided with dogs and where I'll be going mostly vinyl would be easier to care for. Will post pictures as soon as I'm done. Much depends on the heatand or rain



--- lesharo-owners 23654
User avatar
lesharo88
 


RE: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby Scott.Edwards » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Headlights - they are not special, any auto parts store will have them. Take
it with you.

As for the tune up parts, ask for a Renault Fuego.... 85, should get you the
parts you need for your Bosch 2.2L Renault engine.

Oil, Shell rotellaT 15w40

Don't forget to change the transmission fluid, and the final drive oil....
this is quite important.

It would be nice if you let us know your name, and where you're from, in
case another owner lives close by.

Cheers, Scott

1991 Bendix LeSharo, Auto
1989 325ic Auto, Black
2005 VW Passat TDI Wagon, Black
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada


--- lesharo-owners 23656
User avatar
Scott.Edwards
 

Re: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby Rick Heslop » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Recent posts about headlights will help you with a number and possible suppliers. The black paint is a flat black for plastics. Wires and filters are also mentioned in the files section and if you search past messages you should find a wealth of info.
--- lesharo-owners 23655
User avatar
Rick Heslop
 

Re: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby lsrschoppe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Go to the Owners Group, then Files, curser down to Parts, continue to
Buying parts outside Mobility, pfd file
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YD4eUh60q7Dk_c8TPQ89eLZbpkCxwDmXYMC_KDm-L0FZuPe
vya5nDH_0qxWiQn59ev1_IvweJBXp3vLIH5CP6STDLoCOZ-jubej7/Buying%20parts/Sources
%20for%20new%20parts%20outside%20of%20Mobility.pdf
You will find the parts you need there. The headlight bulbs and part
number were discussed in Monday and Tuesdays messages....
Larry S


--- lesharo-owners 23657
User avatar
lsrschoppe
 

RE: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby Walter Spencer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Headlights are not particularly hard to get. Autozone, Reily's and the like
should have your replacements. I've just masked everything off and spray
paint the inside while the light is out.



As to the vinyl. If you have big dogs (45lbs +) you might consider to leave
the carpet down. Stability is important to them while cruising down the
road. Mine use the passenger seats in "dog mode" (backs down for bed) and
the back room from time to time. But I would avoid a slippery surface such
as vinyl or wood. IMHO>



~Walt

Cumming, GA



--- lesharo-owners 23658
User avatar
Walter Spencer
 

Re: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby b.elliott » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:38 am

Hi.
I posted a message a while ago over window rubbers without receiving any
reaction (mine are hard and cracked) what did you do ,buy new or
replacement after market???
brian

--- lesharo-owners 23673
User avatar
b.elliott
 


RE: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby campbell120 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:38 am

Hi Brian-- this is Donna from Douglas, 88 gas auto.  I bought the rubbers (mobility calls it glazing) from Mobility.  I see them on all brands of rvs but was playing safe.  They are expensive anyway over a dollar a foot.  After you clean the window really well-I used alcohol.  They go in easy with no adhesive.  It took a bit of a learning curve to do it. When in properly you can't pick it off.  If incorrect it will come out easy.  I "e" molding I absolutely couldn't find. That is the seal that the bottom window, the window that opens.  Finally settled on the foam 1/4x1/4 you can buy at Walmart or hardware store.  They have been tested with some serious rain here and so far it seems to be working. Problem is I don''t think they will hold up long. But the fix is inexpensive and pretty quickly put in so I guess just replacing them every couple of years is OK.  Living in the desert kind of hard on that kind of stuff..   



--- In lesharo-owners@yahoogroups.com, <wasbrian@...> wrote:

Hi.

I posted a message a while ago over window rubbers without receiving any

reaction (mine are hard and cracked) what did you do ,buy new or

replacement after market???

brian



----- Original Message -----

From: "lesharo88" <campbell120@...>

To: Lesharo-owners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:08:40 -0000

Subject: [Lesharo-owners] headlights 88 lesharo gas



> I need new headlights for my 88 lesharo gas automatic. Also need to paint

the inside of the headlight well. Anyone know where I can get them

without breaking the bank.

>

> Also need a set of spark plug wires for same unit. Where do you all get

the oil filters and air filters. Just about done. Just finished replacing

the outside windows with new seals. Ready now to put in the vinyl

flooring. Decided with dogs and where I'll be going mostly vinyl would

be easier to care for. Will post pictures as soon as I'm done. Much

depends on the heat and or rain

>

>

>

%z
User avatar
campbell120
 

Re: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby b.elliott » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am

Hi Donna,Thabks,
could you possibly post me a sample of the glazing rubber if I give you my
adress,I'm away from Sat eve late for holidays
brian

--- lesharo-owners 23675
User avatar
b.elliott
 

RE: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby campbell120 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:57 pm

 88 Lesharo auto gss

Hi Brian, yes I can send you a piece.  It really is pretty common.  I tried to see if there was any definition in sending a photo but it doesn't show.  From Mobility it is called  seal vent wdo(window, I guess) vinyl.  The part number is 08318001000.  It was 1.13 a foot us dollars.The thing that is interesting about it is that it is basically "L" shaped and  at the  corner of that "L" is a small 45 degree cutout.  That cutout is what seals into the space.  Thought I would have to use some sort of adhesive but when you pull it you will see there is no adhesive.  I found I had to get a feel forr it.



--- In lesharo-owners@yahoogroups.com, <wasbrian@...> wrote:

Hi Donna,Thabks,

could you possibly post me a sample of the glazing rubber if I give you my

adress,I'm away from Sat eve late for holidays

brian



----- Original Message -----

From: <campbell120@...>

To: <Lesharo-owners@yahoogroups.com>

Date: 30 Aug 2013 07:38:28 -0700

Subject: [Lesharo-owners] RE: headlights 88 lesharo gas



>

> Hi Brian-- this is Donna from Douglas, 88 gas auto. I bought the rubbers

(mobility calls it glazing) from Mobility. I see them on all brands of

rvs but was playing safe. They are expensive anyway over a dollar a

foot. After you clean the window really well-I used alcohol. They go in

easy with no adhesive. It took a bit of a learning curve to do it. When

in properly you can't pick it off. If incorrect it will come out easy.

I "e" molding I absolutely couldn't find. That is the seal that the

bottom window, the window that opens. Finally settled on the foam

1/4x1/4 you can buy at Walmart or hardware store. They have been tested

with some serious rain here and so far it seems to be working. Problem is

I don''t think they will hold up long. But the fix is inexpensive and

pretty quickly put in so I guess just replacing them every couple of

years is OK. Living in the desert kind ! of hard on that kind of

stuff..

>

>

> --- In lesharo-owners@yahoogroups.com, <wasbrian@...> wrote:

>

> Hi.

> I posted a message a while ago over window rubbers without receiving any

> reaction (mine are hard and cracked) what did you do ,buy new or

> replacement after market???

> brian

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: "lesharo88" <campbell120@...>

> To: Lesharo-owners@yahoogroups.com

> Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:08:40 -0000

> Subject: [Lesharo-owners] headlights 88 lesharo gas

>

> > I need new headlights for my 88 lesharo gas automatic. Also need to

paint

> the inside of the headlight well. Anyone know where I can get them

> without breaking the bank.

> >

> > Also need a set of spark plug wires for same unit. Where do you all get

> the oil filters and air filters. Just about done. Just finished replacing

> the outside windows with new seals. Ready now to put in the vinyl

> flooring. Decided with dogs and where I'll be going mostly vinyl would

> be easier to care for. Will post pictures as soon as I'm done. Much

> depends on the heat and or rain

> >

> >

> >

>

>

User avatar
campbell120
 

Re: headlights 88 lesharo gas

Unread postby b.elliott » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:47 am

Thanks Donna,The problem I have is import duties and other costs over and
above the purchase price which is why I wanted a small sample,as I said
in my earlier posting if there is sufficient interest for window seals I
could get them manufactured as per original.Anyway
my adress is B.Elliott, Spechtenlaan-48, NL5409TG, Netherlands
Thanks again,will contact you on return from Holidays
brian

--- lesharo-owners 23688
User avatar
b.elliott
 


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Lesharo-Owners

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests