Distributor Cap

Lesharo-Owners Groups email list

Distributor Cap

Unread postby vtminibooks » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Need a bit of help. My son has been working on an 89 LeSharo (Bosch, 5-speed) that I purchased about a month ago. He is trying to get all the tune-upstuff and minor repairs made before attempting to drive it from Western PAto our meeting point in Eastern PA later this year. From there I will be driving it back to my home in VT. He replaced the spark plugs, the plug wires, the distributor cap, and the rotor with new parts. Now, he says that it runs "rougher" (skipping/low power) than before he replaced the parts. He has checked everything he did again but can't find the problem. I'm wondering if one of the cap wires is in the wrong order but without a diagram it's hard to know. Does anyone have a diagram showing how the spark plug wire go from the distributor cap to each cylinder/spark plug? I can't find one in any of the files listed here or eleswhere. I found the firing order but nothing showing what wires go where. Thanks

--- lesharo-owners 22590
vtminibooks

Re: Distributor Cap

Unread postby Rick Heslop » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 pm

The most important thing to remember is the number one cylinder is at the fire wall.
--- lesharo-owners 22593
Rick Heslop

Unread postby Lee Branch » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Just type 'firing order of a 2.2 Renault' into any 'search engine'. You'll find illustrations showing that the firing order is 1,3,4,2: The # 1 wire in stock configuration~ is to be at the rear of the distributor @ approximately the '1 o'clock position' and the rotation is counter-clock wise~ and the # 1 cylinder is at the firewall.

--- lesharo-owners 22594
Lee Branch

Unread postby vtminibooks » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks for the help. I'll let my son know so he can check to be sure the new wires are in the correct order.

--- lesharo-owners 22616
vtminibooks