1988 winnebago itasca phasar

Lesharo-Owners Groups email list

1988 winnebago itasca phasar

Unread postby bruss777 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:23 am

I recently broke off my key in the ignition. I am able to start the RV but must either find someone to get that key out or have a new starter installed. What is involved with a new starter and can I get one at somewhere like Autozone instead of having to order one from someone like Mobility RV? Thanks anyone.

--- lesharo-owners 1508425204.M768750P832Q1
bruss777

Re: 1988 winnebago itasca phasar

Unread postby Scott Edwards » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 am

A locksmith will be able to remove the key. Regards, Scott

From: bruss777@att.net [Lesharo-owners]Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:24 AMTo: Lesharo-ownersReply To: Lesharo-ownersSubject: [Lesharo-owners Yahoo] 1988 winnebago itasca phasar

I recently broke off my key in the ignition. I am able to start the RV but must either find someone to get that key out or have a new starter installed. What is involved with a new starter and can I get one at somewhere like Autozone instead of having to order one from someone like Mobility RV? Thanks anyone.

Posted by: bruss777@att.net

Reply via web post
Scott Edwards

Unread postby David Martin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:39 am

Since you can start and drive the vehicle you can avoid an expensive charge for a locksmith to come to your location. The actual charge for one to remove the broken key shouldn't be a lot when done in the locksmith's parking lot at his location. And you should need neither an ignition switch (which is where they broken key sits) nor a starter (which is totally not involved with a broken key). Otherwise, you might first try using a very thin pair of jeweler's needlenose pliers which MIGHT be able to grab the broken key stub if you try carefully and won't hurt anything if they can't grab it..

--- lesharo-owners 1508432404.M659375P3596Q1
David Martin

Unread postby Phasertherv » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:21 am

If you have enough left, you can use crazy glue on the free end and attach it to the end in the switch. I have used this before but you have to be careful and only use a very little amount. Hold it tight until it is properly set then gentle pull straight out.

Sharp 90 degree picks work if you have about an 1/8th of an inch left..need to be very sharp and 90. Place the 90 up hard on the stub and rotate the handle back gently....
Phasertherv