Where is the place of the vin number ??????help me pls

Questions or problems on your Lesharo.

Where is the place of the vin number ??????help me pls

Unread postby Lebstar » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 pm

I have a winnebego le sharo 1992 and I lost the paper and now I m looking to find the vin number of the camper to make another paper
so pls can anybody tell me where can find thr vin number
I looked all the place and I didn't find it

Pls help me
Thanks everybody
Lebstar

Re: Where is the place of the vin number ??????help me pls

Unread postby bcjack » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Definitely in the windshield, driver's side on top of dash. If not there, be concerned. Also on driver's door there is a sticker with all build info, tire requirements, weights and VIN. Hope this helps. I am sure there is probably a "hidden" VIN also as most vehicles have it and S-Works or Mobility could help you with that.
Jack H.
1987 Lesharo 2.2 4-Speed Manual
Beavercreek, OR
bcjack

Unread postby Lebstar » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks bcjack for ur reply but I didn't find it
Lebstar

Unread postby bcjack » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Are you buying this unit? If there is no VIN available could be very risky to buy it. Look at any car through windshield on drivers side right at dash line and you will see a metal tag or similar riveted which has the VIN. Lesharo's are in the same place, plus on the door sticker. If it is missing that is a warning sign. Just be careful. Where are you located? Maybe a nearby member could help you.
Jack H.
1987 Lesharo 2.2 4-Speed Manual
Beavercreek, OR
bcjack

Unread postby UnkleSnapper » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:08 pm

VIN number missing is critical... if the unit does not have a conspicuous metal or plastic vin plate permanently fastened to the dash under the windshield of the driver side, it is probable a "rebuilt" and a decal to that effect should have been riveted to the driver's door panel. If not.... ask more questions about the identification and then run a background check (costs nothing with local police department). The insurance company probably had the decal removed after totalling out the unit in a claim.... and it can not be titled or registered anywhere until inspected and background run on it. Good luck!
UnkleSnapper