Tire issues

Questions or problems on your Lesharo.

Tire issues

Unread postby Phasertherv » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 am

I really hate to bring this up but it looks like this issue needs updating. I bought my 1984 Phasar TD and all four tires are trailer tires. I know some brands changed the tires and marketed them as trailer tires. Even on evil bay you see a brand that says truck/trailer tire.

My unit came with P215-75R14 D load rating (early model TD) and some guys went to 205-75R-14

I called mobility and they said they were supplying 195R14 8 ply rating Hankook but they have not supplied tires in years....all the tires that are listed on this site by various members are now either trailer tires or do not exist any longer. I am trying to certify my Phasar and the mechanic has said no to the trailer tires and the law in Ontario also says no.....

I have found these tires below on evil bay and they look like they will work...any comments before I go and buy them....Thanks again!!

4 NEW Yokohama Y356 LT195/75R14 D/8PR BSW
Phasertherv

Re: Tire issues

Unread postby Phasertherv » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:01 am

It looks if the 4 NEW Yokohama Y356 LT195/75R14 D/8PR BSW are the only readily available tires that can be had. I have had the guys at KAL Tire looking at all the usable tires and the Yokohama seem to be it. I have checked with some other companies and both came up saying the Yokohamas...

Any other ideas?? If not then it will be the Yokohmas in the 195's
Phasertherv

Unread postby Phasertherv » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:59 pm

We had the 4 NEW Yokohama Y356 LT195/75R14 D/8PR BSW tires installed when carrying out the certification of the vehicle. What a difference...the unit feels so much better and tracks like a dream. No more constantly adjusting the wheel when you drive and the unit is pretty much hands off now. The sway from side to side is gone now. It will be interesting to see what happens to the life of the tires and I will report back. I am thinking of buying a spare set and putting them away.
Phasertherv

Unread postby RobinH » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:48 pm

We purchased four Kumho 857 205R14C tires two years ago from OK Tire and they're great - very stable and quiet. Some sites state that they're trailer tires, but Kumho America lists them as also being for light trucks and vans. They're 8 ply D rated with a max capacity of 2150 lbs at 65 psi inflation, but we run them at 50 psi. See more info at:

http://kumhotireusa.com/tire/category/truck-suv/7EAB87AD-62DC-4D82-897E-E59335DE416C

Robin
RobinH

Unread postby Phasertherv » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi Robin

I looked at the Kumho 857 205R14C before I found the Yokohamas and they were listed as a trailer tire and the tech at OK here in the Soo said that the side wall said "For trailer use" which here in Ontario Canada is a no no...the guys down in Ohio said that if the tire specs (on paper) said trailer/truck then it was ok...maybe each state is different??
Either way it is going to get harder and harder to find new tires for this rig...
Phasertherv