1984 Phasar .no 12 volts in house.

Questions or problems on your Lesharo.

1984 Phasar .no 12 volts in house.

Unread postby Phasertherv » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi
Our newly purchased 1984 Phasar does not have any 12 volts in the house system. If you plug in the 120 everything works as it should however we can not get anything on the house battery. If I boost the house battery should the lights etc work?
Also the dual battery master switch on the dash is fried (internals loose) so I do not know if you have to switch on the master on the dash or not...
thanks
Phasertherv

Re: 1984 Phasar .no 12 volts in house.

Unread postby hasben » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:44 am

Is there any charge in the house battery? Assuming everything is connected normally, when you're plugged in to 120VAC there should be 12 VDC TO the battery for charging regardless of the dual battery switch position or condition. If the dual battery switch is not making contact in the norm. position then the battery wont charge while driving.
hasben

Re: 1984 Phasar .no 12 volts in house.

Unread postby Phasertherv » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am

It turns out the " new battery" was completely fried...looks like it was frozen a few times...changed the battery and we are good so far. I have to wait to get the new dual battery switch to know if it is going to charge the new battery that I installed...what a horrible battery installation..it is a good thing to have a floor jack and some patience...
Phasertherv