1987 Lesharo Interchangability on Brake parts

This is the place to go to find the answers to the most common questions new Le'Sharo Owners have. This information comes from members who have considerable experience owning, maintaining and operating the Le'Sharo RV.

1987 Lesharo Interchangability on Brake parts

Unread postby cpoolis » Wed May 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi

I am the new addition to family of Lesharo lovers!!! On this forum. Thank you for letting me get on board. I have just purchased a 1987 Lesharo with gas engine power house (Took me 1 ½ year to presuade a friend to sell it to me). The first and outmost thing for me to do is the brake job especially I will have my two young boys riding with me at all times.

Just need the cross reference part numbers on the following:

Front brake Pads
Front wheel cylinders
Rear brake shoes
Rear wheel cylinders
Brake master cylinder
Break Booster unit

(I don't want to use MobilityRV. Their prices are outrageous!!!!!)

So far on this forum, I have seen parts can be used from Renault Fugue, Medallion? BMW 87-88 318I, Pontiac Phoenix and so forth

Last question, which range of years/models can parts be shared? What year Lesharo started and stopped production??

Your input would greatly be appreciated.

Best Regards

Charles
cpoolis

Re: 1987 Lesharo Interchangability on Brake parts

Unread postby mloganusda » Wed May 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Brake Master Cylinder Supplier
04/02/2010
I have a leaking Brake Master Cylinder and was checking for an outside supplier and found one. They are AAA Imports, Inc. 300 S. Spring St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101. Voice phone: 336-723-2891 Fax: 336-723-8793 e-mail: AAAJAYaaa-imports.com Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST (or EDT)
This is a new master cylinder and cost $145.46 including shipping. They are not set up for credit cards so you will need to call and talk to “Vernon” and send a check before he ships it to you.
I received the MBC today and here is some information that you may can use in ordering more cylinders. The invoice is from
"Centric Parts Industry, 14528 Bonelli Street, City of Industry, CA 91746-301; phone # (626)961-5775, FAX: (626) 961-5877, and was billed to AAA
Imports but shipped to me direct. The invoice states "1 HYD 130.11600 Premium Brake Master Cylinder

This is the information on buying the master cylinder and rear wheel cylinders. You have to purchase from a Centric distributor. I had a local brake reliner redo my rear brake shoes as in the photo. He charged me $50 but I had to take them back because the lining was too thick even with the adjuster backed off all the way. He used a belt grinder to take off a small amount of lining and now they fit. You may can find a local reliner (think big trucks) to do this for you, if not, I have the address of my reliner and he can work with you.

I installed the Master Brake Cylinder (MBC) today and in the progress of bleeding the brake lines. I have done the front lines and tomorrow I will do the back lines. The top reservoir is removed (empty first) by pulling up to remove from the rubber grommets on top of the MBC. You may want to spray some WD-40 to loosen the rubber grommet. One line union I could not get to break loose until I removed the whole cylinder. See photos during removal. The brake line unions are 12mm and you need to use a flare nut tool to keep from rounding off the unions. The MBC main nuts are 13mm. If you purchase a new MBC, chase the threaded holes with a 3/8 NF24 thread tap to clean up the ports. I had to do this as one union would not start and started to strip the flare nut treads until I removed the MBC again and cleaned the ports with the tap. The 83'-86' service manual states that the pipe unions are metric but I found that the ports were 3/8 NF24 threads. Installation is the reverse of removal.
If you go on the Centric web site, you need to select which rear wheel cylinder you have. Read previous mail in other sites here.
Mike Logan
Formerly 1986 LeSharo 2.2 gas
Now 04' Rialta
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Articles: 7

Unread postby cpoolis » Wed May 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks so much for the detailed information. I will be taking the breaks apart by end of the week.

Best Results

Charles
cpoolis

Unread postby mloganusda » Thu May 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Go to the Centric site and check under Winnebago for your year/model for front brake pads, I found some for my 86' LS. You have to order from a distributior as in the previous message.
Mike Logan
Formerly 1986 LeSharo 2.2 gas
Now 04' Rialta
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Articles: 7