New Lesharo owner in Jacksonville FL

This forum is to tell everyone about yourself. How you came to own your Le'Sharo.

New Lesharo owner in Jacksonville FL

Unread postby glennlucky » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:52 am

Hello everyone,

My wife Wendy and I recently purchased a 1989 Lesharo and drove it from Michigan to Florida.
I was originally planning on using it as is and maybe later doing an engine conversion.
Well after driving it for 1000 miles at 55 miles per hour, almost getting blown off the road by semi trucks and the engine suddenly quitting a couple of times for no apparent reason, I decided the engine swap was going be my first priority.
A 2005 Grand Prix GTP with a 3800 super charged engine will be the donor. The cradle is aluminum with 4 attach points and I have been looking on the internet for pictures and information on how to best mount the cradle to the Lesharo body. I plan on using 15" wheels, so I know that clearance at the wheel wheel wells will be an issue. Has anyone used rubber donuts on the front springs?
I have started the conversion by removing the Lesharo drive train and then gutting and painting the engine compartment. I have also done quite a bit of sand blasting and repair of rust on the body.
Anyway, I am would be be very grateful for any info, pics and advise that anyone is willing to share.
Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Glenn
glennlucky

Re: New Lesharo owner in Jacksonville FL

Unread postby Rick H » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Welcome Glenn and Wendy,
The best person to talk to will be Ziggy, he did a conversion with the 3.8L Super charge engine. He has told me later that a plain 3.8L would be as good if not better.
His member name is zigmundwazny
PM him if he doesn't see this, also check his posts for helpful hints.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Rick
Rick and Cathy from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
88 LeSharo 2.2L gas auto

We drive in 'NANAZBUS'.
Our grandchildren love it.
Rick H

Re: New Lesharo owner in Jacksonville FL

Unread postby glennlucky » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Hello Rick,
I have seen Ziggy's work and I'm really impressed.
I'm looking forward to talking to him.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Glenn
glennlucky